Thursday, November 09, 2006

[laughs] I just signed a form here in the office and it dawned on me that I'm going to have a different signature after I get married in June, Lord willing. So I sat down at my desk and started practicing my "future" signature. [laughs] I even had to go online to search how a capital F was written in cursive. I forgot. The only time I write in cursive is when I sign my name. How this impacts the world... I'm really not sure. But watch out world, I'm going to have a pretty darn cool name this summer! [laughs]

Well, okay, so let's stick to the Impact the World theme here. Praise report - my employer/pastor/premarital counselor is letting me take a road trip with Gregg, my fiance, to visit his family for Thanksgiving. I struggled back and forth with the hoping and planning to go. I gave in sometimes to the thought of just staying, but then felt that I should keep hoping if this is what God wanted. I faced the obstacle of having no more vacation days left for this year. Airfare was too expensive of an alternative to driving. Then there was my employer's concern for our safety and that as an engaged couple, we were really going to drive straight through to Texas and not be put in a compromising situation. I felt that if this is what God wanted, He wouldn't allow our example of purity and integrity to be questioned or compromised. The final alternative was requesting a TripTik road trip traveling package from AAA to help lead us on our venture. Gregg and I feel strongly after thought and prayer that God wants us to make an effort to spend Thanksgiving with his family. God's fingerprints seem to be in these plans so far, so I anticipate what He's going to do through our act of obedience. [smile]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home